Saturday, April 24, 2010

Friday Night Baking


I have been super inspired by my friends Christie and Yas lately and really excited to take more time preparing and cooking good food! I've known for a while that taking care of myself has to be top priority, going right back to the basics of better eating and getting more sleep.

So on Friday night, I had the house to myself and got stuck into the kitchen!


Banana bread, the recipe for which I've already posted here, but I mixed chia seeds through this one and sprinkled cinnammon on top! Yum.


Delicious Spinach and Fetta muffins, shown to me by my friend Sofiyah, but I added shredded zucchini as well to make up the spinach amount (her idea also). I'm going to freeze most of them so I have snacks for later!


And my favourite - chocolate and raspberry cupcakes! I just took a really basic chocolate cake recipe and mixed frozen raspberries through it, then iced them with chocolate icing and added another raspberry! They really do taste as good as they look =)

Ooh also today Sofiyah lent me her food processer so I'm really looking forward to trying some blendy new things very soon!

1 comment:

Christie Fischer said...

YAY! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!! I'm so excited right now to see all the cooking KITCHEN FUN you had! The choc icing obviously worked a treat - no pun intended! ;)

Love the chia seeds addition, and cinnamon - nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom haha I put it in everything!

I sense you're very pleased with your efforts, as am I. LOVE U xx