Sunday, April 25, 2010

Can't sleep

'Sleep' by Lindy Longhurst

It is late but I can't sleep. I'm too excited! It's fun to be so excited about things again, my head racing with ideas of things I want to do RIGHT NOW! Being sensible and trying to sleep didn't work so now I'm just going to run with it.

Firstly - excited about the delicious breakfast I have planned for tomorrow morning before work, I can't wait to get out of bed and eat already!

Excited about taking banana bread to work and sharing it with Nicky.

Excited about eating some juicy juicy pineapple I cut up yesterday!

Excited about coming home and crocheting a few granny squares that will go towards my warm winter blanket.

Excited about clearing out my room, simplifying my life and throwing out a lot of stuff I really don't need.

Happy to have found these beautiful artworks on Lindy's blog:


'A New Beginning'
(originally titled 'The Journey that Gives Life'... which seems appropriate as I'm reading a book on the cycle of the Hero's Journey)


'Spirit Stone'
(this one makes me feel so grounded.)

'Travel Together'
(How beautiful that he carries their home on his back! Like a snail!)

Deeply contented that I am maintaining my bubble of self care, looking forward to working deeper and deeper within myself, and having more quiet time. I'm really enjoying this solitude I am creating.

Reading 'Soulcraft' by Bill Plotkin and really enjoying it. I don't really want to try to explain it... but lately I've felt strongly drawn to shamanic practices, energy healing, and body wisdom, and I feel like this book is a step in the right direction for me. I can't see where this pull will take me but I'll just be moving forward one step at a time and see what unfolds.

ALSO! I'm excited about creating and living my life the way I WANT TO, with no limitations or shoulds, living an ABUNDANT life exactly the way I want, that fills me with love and joy and a sense of fulfilment and rightness!
I'm already starting this by saying NO to a lot of 'shoulds', like NO to full time work at the moment because self care is more important right now. And saying YES to the Universe, trusting that I will be provided for if I follow what is right for me.
Already I am living an abundant life! =)

xo

4 comments:

Kath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kath said...

I love reading your Blog Kara - I love hearing your excitement (I have always loved this about you), your joy in the simplicity, such as your "juicy juicy pineapple", your honesty, authenticity and your decision to be true to yourself, your self-care, your journey, your choices. REALLY WONDERFUL!!! I also just picked up "Soulcraft" yesterday - I am looking forward to reading this book. I am so glad that you are Blogging more - and I love the artwork you have included, it is so beautiful. Thank you also for becoming a Follower of my Blog and for the encouragement of your words xx

Christie Fischer said...

It's Monday morning and after our phone chat last night, and waking to sunshine, and "Piece of Sundshine" I'm about to make my vegie juice ;) and I feel SO GOOD after reading your blog... I'm about to cut out pics for a vision board on self care :) and I'm REALLY EXCITED!! YAY! I too, like you, feel that something is shifting and I'm more EXCITED and LOOKING FORWARD to things... feelings I havnt felt in about 4 months! Far too long! Here's to You, Me, Kath, and anyone else who reads our blogs haha :) LOVE TO ALL xx

Maya said...

i'm so excited reading your blog - how beautiful! amazing artwork as well! xoxox